Why wear a badge?
Know your radiation dose.
Badge all staff that work with or near x-ray equipment.
If x-ray machines are used anywhere in your office, your staff is exposed to radiation. Radiation, an invisible hazard, can cause serious health risks, including cancer, at high doses.
LANDAUER radiation monitoring badges allow you and your employees to:
- Rest assured that you have not been exposed to high levels of
- Take appropriate action to reduce future radiation exposure in
the event of a high dose
- Identify opportunities to minimize your exposure to radiation,
such as equipment enhancements or radiation safety procedures
- Comply with regulatory
requirements for the safe use of x-ray equipment by maintaining necessary
radiation safety records for state inspectors
- Reassure your patients that your office is monitored for safe levels of radiation
The developing fetus has a particularly high sensitivity to the effects of radiation exposure, especially during the early months of pregnancy.
With over 55 years of experience, LANDAUER is the most trusted name in radiation safety.
LANDAUER's inexpensive and comprehensive radiation monitoring badge programs for private practices feature the same technology, service and support trusted by over 80% of leading medical facilities in the U.S., and over 30,000 private practices.
- The most accurate and easy-to-use radiation monitoring badges
- The most durable and environmentally stable badge
- The fastest reporting time in the industry – five-day turnaround
- A lifetime record of your exposure in our safekeeping with data archiving
- Immediate customer and technical support when you need it by a team of experts, including 10 doctoral and 3 masters-level scientists and 34 customer service representatives
LANDAUER uses Optically Stimulated Luminescence (OSL), the most advanced technology available for measuring radiation exposure. LANDAUER’s Luxel+ badge contains aluminum oxide, which absorbs radiation to which the wearer is exposed during use. When you return the badge to LANDAUER, the aluminum oxide in the dosimeter is stimulated with a laser, and then emits light which is measured to determine the amount of radiation received by the wearer.
The Luxel+ badge has many advantages over film and TLD (thermoluminescent dosimeters) badges. Luxel+ badges can measure radiation exposure as low as 1 millirem (mrem) and is accurate within ± 1 mrem, while film and TLD badges require at least 10 mrem to begin monitoring. Unlike film and TLD badges, Luxel+ badges provide accurate dose readings, even when exposed to extreme temperatures, moisture, oil from fingers, or when dropped or tampered with. Furthermore, Luxel+ badges can be “read” multiple times, enabling retrospective investigation into unusual exposures (including determining whether a badge was being worn at the time of exposure). Luxel+ badges are also capable of storing data for a much longer period of time, which provides you with the flexibility to simplify your badge program by maintaining longer wear frequencies.
Click here to learn more about radiation safety in the workplace and OSL technology.